The musings and offerings of a burgeoning greetings master

Friday, October 21, 2011

Mr. Cardmaker has LOTS of Fall Birthdays Coming Up!!

My DP has two sisters and a brother, and they all have November birthdays, two days apart.  Jan and George are twins, so (obviously) they are on the same day, and Sue is just two days later (but two years earlier).  Is that confusing enough?

Anyway, I had to make them cards, of course.  Oh, yeah, SPOILER ALERT, Sue, Jan, and George!!!
You should go look at kittens or something unless you want to ruin your surprises....

For George, I made this--

This was made on SU Pumpkin Pie CS and I ran it through the Cuttlebug with my new embossing folder.  I think this is called "distressed stripes", but I got excited about new toys and threw away the package before I could note what it was called.  Boo.
I then inked the edges with some brown ink.  The designer papers I used are all Me & My Big Ideas, with the exception of the bottom green-striped leaf.  That's SU.  Oh wait, that tiny yellow-striped leaf is SU too.  Scraps, I tell you.  Scraps!!!

I cut a strip of leaf paper , layered some ribbon (AC Moore Dollar Bin.  My Home-away-from-home), and adhered it. 
Then on a piece of SU Daffodil Delight, I used a stamp from Inkadinadoo's Autumn Foliage set to make my own DP.  I used tombo and Memento markers, in orange and green, to "thump" ink onto the stamp.  I thumped in several different directions, then "huffed" warm air on the stamp to make sure all the ink was good and moist before stamping.  Then I used a Spellbinder's circle die to cut and emboss my circle on my Cuttlebug.

Can you believe I actually "fussy cut" my image?  I so rarely do that....These pumpkins are in the Harvest Greetings set from Inkadinkadoo.  I stamped them in brown onto some M&MBI designer paper and after cutting them out, I adhered them to my circle, popping the center one up with some foam tape.  Then I cut a scalloped circle from more DP with my cuttlebug and another Spellbinders die and adhered my circle to it. 

I bought a Fiskars leaf punch from AC Moore during a punch sale (I hate to pay retail) and I used it and another teensy leaf punch I've had forever to punch some leaves from scraps.  Some I adhered to the card base, but I adhered a few to the back of my scalloped circle; I then popped the whole thing off the card with some foam tape.

The sentiment is from SU's Teeny Tiny sentiments set, on a scrap of SU dsp, popped up with more foam tape.  The brads and rhinestones are AC Moore.

I think George will appreciate all the layering.  He has an awesome eye for detail.

You know what?  I think I will wait and do the girls' cards in a different posting.  "Always leave them wanting more", PT Barnum used to say. (I think it was PTB.....)
They're really cute though!  Y'All come back here and have a look, y'here?

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope I can help inspire you to do your own fun projects.
All Best-
Richard

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I like the shades of green all together, I'm a green lover :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiya - would you kindly drop me an email ? i cannot find a contact for you on your blog. thanks
    anam.
    www.anamstubbington.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time!