She sent us a very clever card with her initial cut out of it. I can't find it, otherwise I'd show it to you. Anyway, it inspired me to make a couple of these things.
I made this--
So, nice, cute, whatever. This is done with a Recollections set for the light strings, and a Sizzix stocking stamp and die duo set. The glitter paper is from Michael's.I used a red spica pen for the stripes on the stocking, and the top are there is flocked, using my Glossy accents and some Funky Flock from The Rubber Cafe. The sprigs are pieces from a snowflake I punched with a SU punch, and there's a punched red dot with a dollar bin pearl, as well.
But this is just the beginning! Looks kind of small, right? Well, this is how it looks when you open it!
Ok, I didn't get a great shot. But, it's THREE panels. I used a 4 1/4"x 5 1/2" piece of white card stock, and I scored it on my Scor-Pal on the marks with the little arrows on them. These are just shy of 3 3/4" and just past 7 1/4". If you don't have a Scor-Pal, you can probably just play with it a bit before you make your creases.
I used my Cuttlebug and a Spellbinders Wonky Rectangles die to cut and emboss the front panel.
Then, I took some post-its with all over adhesive and masked two panels on the other surfaces.
I stamped the lights, and colored them with copics. Then I grabbed my Glossy Accents and coated the lights to give them some shine. When that dried, I took some Memento Bamboo Leaves ink and a blending tool, and colored the front surface of the card. I added my sentiment on the third panel, and left the middle one plain, for a handwritten message.
For the panel that shows through the front opening, I cut a piece of glitter paper that covered the back of the middle panel, and adhered it. Then I added my stocking.
This makes such a cool effect, when the image disappears as you open the card.
But wait! There's more. I got fancy with the next one.
I made this--
Here you can see the masking and the center panel. That sentiment is from PTI as well.
I somehow screwed up something on the front panel, so I tried to fix it with a mask and more ink. I think it worked out pretty well, all in all.
This turns out to be much smaller than a regular A2 card. I may figure out the proper dimensions to make one that is a larger size, but I really like the fun you can have with this. I would probably stay with an 11"x whatever size, though, if you're going to use your Scor-Pal to do the EASY scoring.
SO, two more of the sixty. Hope you got some ideas. Hey, you know, this is just about small enough that if you did a small hole through all the layers and tied a string or ribbon through them, you could have a seriously cool gift tag, as well. Try it!
More to come!
Thanks for stopping by!