The musings and offerings of a burgeoning greetings master

Monday, October 28, 2013

Candy for Halloween! And a Giveway, of Sorts....

A while back, I stumbled onto a Pinterest pin of this thing called "Card Candy", and I was intrigued.  These are lovely bits of punchy, ribbon-y, embellishment-y goodness that you can add to a simple card to get a fun, more intricate focal point in one second.  (I'm inventing the words as I go along, folks!)

The best part is that you can make these with the millions of scraps you have lying around (and I KNOW you have them) in front the TV in an evening.  AND they make for fun gifts, too!

Well, I made some.  Dragged ALL of my favorite punches and my scrap box, plus a few stamps out to the TV room, and got busy.

They look like this--

Yes, there ARE four sets there.  I was busy!!




 
 
Do you like the packaging?  I made that, too.  And I did my signature stamp on the back--



These are mounted with glue dots onto acetate sheets from stamp sets that I have hanging about.  Lift them off like with any other packaged embelly, and adhere them to your project! 

I imagine these working nicely on a set of note cards.  Make the base, add some ribbon or twine, and pop one of these babies into a focal point.  Super simple!  All KINDS of ways to use these.  Oh! How about if you made your own cardmaking KIT, and tucked these in?  Huh? Right?

And now, for some close ups--



Well, now that they're all packaged so nicely, I can't use them myself!  I am not sure what I will do with them.  I considered doing a giveaway, but is there really anyone who wants this?  I'll be entering this over at the Simon Say Stamp Monday Challenge Blog in their Anything Goes challenge, so I figure folks will see them at east a few times.

How about, the first four followers of my blog to ask me for them each gets one set?  That way, I am not foisting them onto someone who would like to comment, but has no interest in having them.  Just make sure I can reach you via email for your address.

Oh, and I will save one set until 10/31 @ 5pm for those of you who reach me only via Facebook.  Did I mention I have a Facebook page?  I need to add that to my sidebar!

Oh, and I thought I'd mention, for those of you who came looking for me last week--
I was on vacation!  They tell you not to post such things until you come home, lest the burglars read your blog.  That idea makes me laugh!  But seriously, you never know.
We were in the Pacific Northwest, and it was gorgeous.  If only I had time to hunt down my crafty peeps that live out that way!

Thanks for stopping by!
All Best-
Richard

14 comments:

  1. Those are darling! I'd love to receive such a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it appears I may get one, how Fab! Great project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable! Love them to bits!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey these are really neat! They'd make quick cards if you need one in a hurry! Really cute idea! Your bag topper is super too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun would this be for 'grown up' trick or treating?! Now that's my kind of candy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crossing my fingers, Richard! These are adorable, but I must confess up front they will probably go into my "hall of fame" with original art from Anna Wight, Curt O'Brien, and Jane Sterling!! Some things I keep for myself just because I adore the person who made them! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute idea to make little gift packages of embellishments. They are too cute! I really like your custom stamp on the back of your gifts...adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to get one! Thanks! Meredith245 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you NAILED card candy and what it is!! It took me forever to figure out what that was when I was a new stamper! You also have inspired me to haul out my scraps....you know I have zillions! This winter in front of the the tv and woodstove I'll be making card candy!!! These are just gorgeous Richard!! And I hear ya....when traveling we always wish we had more time to visit crafty friends! But so glad you had a fabulous trip!! We love the Pacific Northwest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Card candy! What a fabulous idea! And I love what you made! I think I may have to try this in front of the tv for my Christmas tags. Thanks for the inspiration! And I love your signature stamp! Hope you enjoyed my neck of the wood here in the Pacific Northwest...the weather has been wonderful this fall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, these are fabulous. Yes, great project for tv time. Thanks for the inspiration. Like one of the other readers said, " something to go into the hall of fame" from the original artist. I have something from a few well published crafters that I will never part with. Good luck to those first four commenters. I may not win, but I will CAS your idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh, I MUST have been on vacation to have missed this!
    Great idea!
    Congratulations to the lucky people that got them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute as can be!! What a sweet idea to share card candy! Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Freaking wonderful idea!! My gosh, imagine the stocking stuffer ideas for the crafty people we know....LOVE this!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time!