The musings and offerings of a burgeoning greetings master

Monday, October 7, 2013

Crisp Temps and Falling Leaves

We finally have some blue skies today, and I am hoping that means some cool temperatures came with them.  Weird, warm wetness is NOT my idea of a good time, let me tell you.  I want my AUTUMN! 

Speaking of, I have an Autumn card to share with you today.  I was playing around with some masking techniques, and I am happy with what happened here.

I made this-

 
I masked and inked that colored panel, using a wicked old text stamp from Inkadinkadoo, and many, many inks.  I started with the yellow in the center, and moved my way to the darker edges, adding  layer after layer of ink. Some of the inks were Distress inks, so they did some really cool things when I flicked water on them.  Pull off the mask, and it's ready to mount onto a Kraft card base.  I love that wicked crisp line!
 
The leaves stamps are from GinaK Designs Fall Foliage, and I used sponge daubers to get the colors right.  I tried to do that "rock and roll" technique, but the lines just didn't blend well enough for me.  I like how the daubers did.
 
I fussy cut the leaves, curled them with my bone folder, and mounted them with runner and foam tape.  I left quite a bit of air under areas, and I love the look.
 
I used a punch to add grooves to the top and bottom of the card, so the twine would have a nice place to nestle.
 
On the inside, (sorry, no photo) I did another piece of the cardstock, and did another small leave at the bottom-left corner.  No sentiment needed!
 
Well, I am off to take my walk.  If I get to wear a jacket, I will be VERY happy.  Autumn is never a lengthy visitor.  I want to make the most of her!
 
Oh, yeah, we DID make it to the cider mill for apple cider doughnuts already, so we have that going for us.  Now I need a stack of pumpkins, and I will be pretty well set.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
All Best-
Richard
 


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!!!Love the colors!!!Have a good day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wicked cool card, Richard! The efforts with ink are certainly worth it as this is just stunning, it looks like autumn herself!! Enjoy your cooler weather, I know I am! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card!
    I love the colors of Autumn, but not what follows....am I repeating myself?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a true artist that takes care to make a 'nestling' place for twine! Everything has its place and what you've created here with your masterful masking techniques... C'est très magnifique.
    You bring a whole other layer of excitement to Autumn and I appreciate that. My favorite season of the year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my. Is it possible to be in love with a greeting card? Well, possible or not, here it is. I ADORE this card!!! What a work of art. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning leaves! Love the dramatic colors and text background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Fall card. The background piece you did is beautiful. Nice work! Best, Curt

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time!