The musings and offerings of a burgeoning greetings master

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Mr Cardmaker Has What Would SEEM to be the Last of the Autumn Cards

Well, I have been diving into Christmas cards lately, albeit slowly, because I have a ton of birthdays coming up right about now. 

I did have some Autumn cards that I wanted to show you, though, so here we go...

I made this--

I did this card with GinaK Designs Fall Foliage set, with a sentiment from, you guessed it the Enjoy the Sunshine set.  I stamped these leaves with various Hero Arts inks, and I have to tell you, that Butterbar ink (the bright yellow) has to be my favorite color EVER.  So rich!  I used it on the leaves, of course, but the I used it to sponge in that glow-y background.  I love this!
It went to my sister Lisa for her birthday.  She liked it.

I also made this--

 
4
 
 
 
 
Well, I seem to be using this stamp set a good deal of the time!   A different color treatment here, plus some fussy cut and foam mounted leaves.  Oh, and the sentiment is from Inkadinkadoo.  This was an exercise in trying to get some blue into my fall cards.  I also used daubers to get more than one color onto the images before stamping, and a bit of hand coloring on some, too. I like the teal in there, but this is a rather frenetic card.  Good thing that sentiment is there, or your eye would have no place to land.

APPARENTLY, I did not get enough of the blue idea pumped out of my brain.

Remember my blue Delft card I tried a while back?  This one....Oh yeah, and there's This one too...I did that for my friend Melanie Meunchinger's blog  a while back.  Love her!

Well, I made this--


Same stamp sets, ONE blue ink pad.  I was SO psyched at the way this one turned out! 

This was done with Memento Blue Danube ink, and I just stamped and restamped without reinking anything, and LOOK at what happened!!  I stamped some extra leaves and fussy cut them, as you can see, and mounted them onto the card with foam adhesive. Love this!  Notice there is a bit more breathing space on this one.

NOW I have enough blue in my fall cards.  The End.  Except for this photo, which shows two of them together....A study in blue, you could say.  (I wouldn't...)



On to the next season!  Snowflakes, anyone?  I DO think I'll have to sneak some non-seasonal things in, just to keep sane (ish). Just sayin'.

Thanks for stopping by!
All Best-
Richard

12 comments:

  1. Love the second one - that blue really makes the autumn colours pop! Plus, the 'frenetic-ness' reminds me of a blustery day when all the leaves are falling - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty! I love the popped up leaves. The blue is a really pretty take!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I also LOVE that stamp set! And your gorgeous Fall cards seriously just POP with beauty!!! I can't believe how aaaamazing that blue leaf card is!!! I think it's totally frame-worthy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding Richard...in any shade - these are gorgeous cards. Great design too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Richard these are so COOL! I love the coloring of the leaves! The birthday card for your sister is GORGEOUS! I love the sunshiny feeling it evokes by just looking at it! And the blue study reminds me of some of my antique china pieces! As usual your blog "voice" always brings a smile! I just love reading what you put down...it always makes me day a bit brighter! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmmmm - delicious!!! Blue is the lowest on my list of colors, but you even made that extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alrighty, these are just amazing!
    Pretty sure I just ordered some leaf stamps through SU!
    I'll have to check!!!! Maybe I can do wonderful things like this with them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are lovely. Love the touch of sky blue on the middle card (Julie E. would be proud!). And the composition on the Delft leaves is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow!! All of these are just stunning! I love the different variations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Lots of autumnal goodness here! The second card is a wowzer--the colors, the dimension. Wowzer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Falling leaves and gorgeous colors...I'm in my happy place!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love every which way you used those leaves, Richard!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time!