The musings and offerings of a burgeoning greetings master

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

It Must Be Spring, Because The Birthdays Are Upon Us

In our family, we have gluts of birthdays--March/April, then August (mine's the third, so's you know), then late October/early November.  It seems a wild whirlwind getting everyone on the list taken care of, and you STILL have to remember all the people who fall into those off times.  My side of the family is happy with a card (and a check for the children--who are now NOT children at all, but still stay on the payroll), but Charlie's side is BIG on birthdays.  Your birthday is your own personal holiday!

Luckily, lately, it's been my side of the family.  My much younger brother Chet had his birthday this month.

I made him this--

Chet is 20 (Oh. Em. Gee.).  I was going with young and bright, yet gender neutral enough for a twenty year old man.  Twenty.  Sheesh, I am old.  Yeah, I am just over 30 years older.  My dad is a wild man.  There are two more brothers beneath him, too!

ANYWAY--

I used a Papertrey Ink movers and shakers die and stamps for this card.  See the little zipper thing there?

Here's a close-up--



Under the zip strip it says, "a birthday as awesome as you are!"
I hope he finds the thing.  I AM sure he'll find the check.  He IS a twenty year old guy, after all... BEEN there!

Thanks for stopping by!
All Best-
Richard

9 comments:

  1. That is so great!
    Love the zipper thingy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card!Very pretty,awesome colors,have a good day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way you described your dad is hilarious! Outstanding birthday card to your brother and Happy Birthday to him. The zipper thing..completely cool!
    Great seeing you post so much lately too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, that zipper element is so fun!! When I looked at the card I wondered if there was more to the sentiment and what a great addition!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And yikes.....your brother is young all right....and yes, you're dad sounds like a busy guy...ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That card is a gift in itself - fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun colorful card! This is great! And hey - thanks so much for your kind comments on my blog, and on the Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking blog!!! :) Have a terrific day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic card, especially the zippy thing! Love interactive cards!!
    Had to laugh at your family story! I thought the 14 years between my sister and me was a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. holy cow, this is way cool!!! LOVE that zip strip!! I think your little brother will too! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time!