The musings and offerings of a burgeoning greetings master

Monday, May 22, 2017

Mr Cardmaker is Stretchy

You know, I actually make Christmas cards all year long, with the obvious exception of JANUARY, which is my "Lort, I am BURNT out, I'll never have a good card idea again" month. Nope, no Christmas cards then. Rarely ANY cards, now that I think about it...

Well, I was going through my Christmas stamps, and I came across one of my favorites.
As I'm looking at it, I'm thinking, well, why does this HAVE to be for Christmas?
So, I decided it didn't, and I made a card.

We're stretching our stamps!

I made this--

So, yeah, little girl with a stack of presents. Great for the holidays, sure, but who says this can't be for birthdays, too? Not this cardmaker, that's for sure...

This is a My Favorite Things Pure Innocence stamp, colored with copics, with some white gel pen highlights. Uh, some of those lines could be a tad bit straighter on that purple gift, I think. Maybe less coffee while crafting...Yeah, RIGHT!! Get used to wavy lines, folks...
My favorite part is adding the patterns to the clothes. Freehand, folks. Love that!!



Oh, and the background is done with my new Lil' Inkers Quilted Stitched Spiral die. Don't you LOVE that? Lil' Inkers is just down the road from me in Dedham, MA, and they do CUTE stuff!

I love that floral paper, and I finally gave it up from my hoard. I purposely went with a paper that SORT of went with my image, but I wasn't looking for a perfect match. I think it makes your eye move around, rather than just getting a visual wash, so-to-speak. (I make up words, you know...)

Now, who'd look at this and insist it was a Christmas stamp?



Stay tuned; I did a few cards with this idea, all different, and I promise you'll dig them ALL.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
All Best--
Richard

#MFTstamps
#lilinkerdesigns

6 comments:

  1. You are right! That little girl with her stack of gifts is perfect for a birthday card. I love your design using her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, definitely not a Christmas stamp! LOL You made a beautiful birthday card out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not even a card maker and I loved hearing about your creative process. It all comes together perfectly and I loved every element. Can't wait to see more....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not even a card maker and I loved hearing about your creative process. I loved every element and thought it came together perfectly. Can't wait to see more...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wavy, stretchy, freehand. Love it ... esp. the background selection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely does make a super birthday card . You got it. Use for whatever and make it work. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time!