The musings and offerings of a burgeoning greetings master

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Mr. Cardmaker has had his "Thinking Yarmulke" on...

 Progress is a good thing, especially when it comes to my Christmas projects.  I made this little notepad a while back for my SIL.  I made more.  These are them (they?).

These have more good stuff all over them than the original.  I was under a time crunch on that one.  You can see it and what the insides of all of them looked like HERE

As you can see, these are multi-denominational.  My SIL Andee will be getting the Hanukkah one.
I also worked hard to keep the snow theme prevalent, but those stickers from K&CO's Life's Little Occasions were too hard to resist.  I made the medalion on the non-Jewish one, with some SU and EK Success punches, and a stamp I found somewhere along the way.


Speaking of things Hanukkah, I also made a card.  It looks like this--


I made this using some candle stamps I got from Ditto.  I have used them primarily as birthday candles, but they dress up really nice for Hanukkah. 
I stamped these with Delicata gold ink.  LET me TELL you how much I love this ink!!!  It is so rich in color, and it looks like it has been embossed all on it's own.  SO pretty.

I tore the edges of my blue card stock, (some of my discount stuff....shh, no one will ever guess!) and inked it with some Night of Navy ink from SU.  Then I sprayed it with some  smooch spritz from SU.I also tore some shimmer paper just a bit larger and did the same inking. 
 I layered them onto a piece of gold Christmas paper (shhhhhh.....)that I edge punched and inked up with an EK Success and some more Delicata. 
I stamped the Star of David onto more of the Xmas paper, punched it with a 1 1/2" circle punch (Fiskars) and I inked the edges of that, too.  The card front is a piece of shimmer paper from DCWV, and the whole thing is on a white card base made with PTI card stock.
Lastly, I added the little gold pearls, and staggered them to help create the idea of a flickering candle. 

I have only one Hanukkah card to make each year, so far, and I love taking some time and making it just right. 

I have finally come up with my perfect sketch and image to finish up my cards for this season.  I'll show you them next time!  To say I am relieved is a HUGE understatement. 

Thanks for stopping by!  Get those cards done!!
All Best-
Richard

7 comments:

  1. These look great! That card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great gifty ideas!!! You know I haven't tried making those yet....hmmm. And the Hanukkah card is so elegant!! I thought maybe you'd torn and burned the edges, but inking it up is sooo much smarter with the same look! And of course no burn injuries! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Hanukkah card. Very rich feeling :-)

    Those gifts will be a hit too! Have a great day Richard!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Hanukkah card is really lovely and elegant! Hope I can make my own too this coming Hanukkah.



    -Lisa @ Best Kippah's Yarmulkes

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are awesome Richard. So nice of you to remember your Jewish friends during this season, and I'm sure they will be so impressed. I know I am!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Richard, your notepads look great, and I really like your Hanukkah card. I've never made one of these before, yours look impressive!! Love the gold ink too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there,

    Thanks for sharing the thinking here. It was lovely

    Thanks,
    Jonathan

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time!