The musings and offerings of a burgeoning greetings master

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Mr Cardmaker is Searching

This week is graduation for Elliot, one of the nephews.  Everyone else has happened already.  I am BROKE, shelling out for gifties!  I DO love my nephews...

I made Elliot this card--

This is a really cool stamp from Stamps of Life.  I ran into this company at the MegaMeet in Novi, MI, and I really like some of their stuff!  I stamped this in Memento Paris Dusk ink onto PTI white card stock, and then mounted it onto some navy cardstock (probably SU Night of Navy).  That went onto a layered background, using DCWV Cotton Bloom paper (oval) Basic Grey Boxer paper (the blue piece) and My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Two Sunshine paper (the big houndstooth background piece.  The base is SU More Mustard (I think.  I also have a multicolor pack from PTI, and I may have used one of theirs).  All on a base of PTI white card stock.
I inked the edges of the puzzle piece with some Distress Ink Tea Stain, and I die cut the letters of his school initials with some sizzix dies, and used my glue pen to adhere them  That rhinestone is some random foundling.

The inside looks like this--

I used Spellbinders Labels Four and Labels Four Small dies with my old bud the Cuttlebug to do the center piece (Dollars to doughnuts there is some messed up stamping underneath it), and I used my pennant punch from SU to do the pennant pieces.  Stringing these puppies onto that twine was a pain in the butt, but it looks good, so, there that is.  The sentiments stamps are GinaK Designs and SU, and the twine is from Memory Keepers. 

So that's it!  Hope he likes it.

Thanks for stopping by! 
All Best--
Richard

6 comments:

  1. Ohhh, it makes me want to go back to school! No, no it doesn't, not really at all...BUT I am inspired by the school colors, name and banner. I think it's a standing ovation, hat's off winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely fabulous!!!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha....dollars to donuts I have had some of the same cover ups inside of my cards! Don't we all? No mistakes in card making - only creative opportunities! Love it! So glad to see you back on line! Hope all is well - have a good evening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is fun!!! I love the word search!! And the inside is wonderful....I love "hiding" my mistakes creatively too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card really caught my eye in my Reader--very cool! I love that stamp! The way you did the inside is great...love the banners (I have a hard time stringing them, too)! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Word sketch cards are fun and are for everyone! Moxie fab random.org picked your blog for me to visit and I am glad I had this chance.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time!