The musings and offerings of a burgeoning greetings master

Monday, June 5, 2017

Mr Cardmaker Stretches One More Time

No, no yoga here. Not for some time. Hey, that's a good idea, though, I like yoga. YOGA!

Oh. Sorry. CARDS! We are here for CARDS. Yes...

So, for the past couple of weeks, I have been sharing some projects I made by stretching my stash and using Christmas stamps to make birthday cards.  You can see them HERE and HERE.

This week is the final (for now) project I have using this idea, and this time I went for more of a July birthday idea.

I made this--


I realize that this gal is in WAY too much clothing for July, so maybe I'm wrong about that idea. Maybe.
I like the stars and reds and blues, anyway. Just go with me, here, if you would...

ANYWAY-
I paper pieced aaalllll of that clothing. And let me tell you, in hindsight, there is definitely a right way and a wrong way to paper piece. Guess which one I chose...

So, this is really not the easiest image to paper piece in the BEST of practices- the tights that peek through the shoes, the straps on the dress, etc... No so easy. Oh, AND I also did the gifts. DO you SEE how tiny the ribbon is on the top gift?

Yeah, imagine me trying to cut, FIND, and glue down all these teeny tiny pieces. I am an idiot on some days. I did manage, somehow, to get it done. My vision and my nerves are recovering nicely;
thanks for asking...

My favorite thing here, though, is the way I separated the sentiment on the banner strip so the girl could slide in without blocking anything.
I also love the background, made with Lil'Inker Designs pierced stitching dies. I combined two sets of dies to get this done, and I love the result.



You can just see how I did the inside, carrying on with the red nd stitched ideas. I think this is a happy card, and all in all, worth the craziness I gave myself with the paper piecing.

I hope you got some inspiration for stretching your stash.
A new idea next week!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
All Best--
Richard

#MFTstamps
#lilinkerdesigns

7 comments:

  1. So very cute and I love the piecing on her dress. Great job Richard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is labor intensive. Well worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the details on this card!!! The paper piecing is absolutely remarkable (I don't even think about trying something this difficult!) and the colors are happy! Excellent work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh....this is so sweet. Love your adorable paper pieced party girl, so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, and never know, could have been a cooler windy one out. :) Fussy cutting is not fun at times, so have to say well done. Not even gonna go there

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! I can't imagine the stress level of piecing all of those bits of paper(yikes!), but the end result is beautiful! She is so sweet in her outfit (long sleeves for sun protection?)and the gifts are gorgeous!!
    I think you've earned that yoga break!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in awe today.. all that paper piecing? WOW! One of my least favorite things to do .. but isn't it gorgeous? SO proud of your patience! I love the coloring on the girls face to.. the rosy cheeks are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time!