The musings and offerings of a burgeoning greetings master

Monday, May 16, 2011

I AM a winner! ( My mom was right!)

Ok, so I just won my first prize EVER from entering a card contest.  Ok, it was a random pick sort of thing, but I still WON!!!  Special thanks to GinaK Designs for the loot!

SO-- this is the card I entered.  It was for a color challenge, using a tomato-y red, mango, and cream. This was made with Fiskars stamps-- Latte Love, and Friendship Garden.  I was pretty happy with this one.
I used yellow embossing powder on the coffee cups to give them some presence, and did NOT emboss the flowers, so they'd be more of a background element. 

As you can see, I am sort of possessed by my cuttlebug and nestabilities dies.  I have the circles, squares and ovals with the coordinating scallop edge dies, both large and small, and I am pondering whether I really need the regular rectangle dies, or if I should do the long rectangles set. I may have to go into die-cut rehab, at this rate.

Oh, and I did make some cards with the set that I won, but the photos stink, so that will have to wait for a later post, when I can reshoot them.  (See how I work a teaser in there? )  Next time!!

Thanks for stopping by!  Y'all come back now, hear?

Richard






4 comments:

  1. congrats on your win Richard! I totally can relate to the cb/nestability fascination! your combination of shapes and textures shines on this card! look forward to seeing the card you won with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! How exciting to win Richard!! I have some older Gina K sets I don't use much anymore, if you are interested in them, let me know- I can ship off to you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AJ, you are such a doll! I would LOVE to have them. Look for an email from me, Girlfriend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love this card. Congrats on the win. I know it is a few months ago, but a win is a WIN! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time!