My goal here is to make a design that I can do many multiples of, from my card stock and DP stacks, where I can use different combinations of papers to get the same general effect. This way, I use some of what I HAVE, instead of making a big investment of cash just to make identical cards.
MEANWHILE, I want to create something that will be beautiful and memorable. That means, no junky materials. Inexpensive does not necessarily equal junky. Flimsy and tacky equals junky. But, you knew that already.
SO, I already made some prototypes, and they can be seen HERE. I'm now adding to the choice-making madness.....
I made this one--
So, this is on an Ivory base, which I ran thru the Cuttlebug with another embossing folder.
I made an "asterisk-y" snowflake of sorts with strips of DP, pink and teal and cream glitter paper, as well as red ribbon. Then, I stamped and embossed the sentiment in white embossing powder on the teal plaid and adhered it.
Then I stamped the martini glass and its contents onto white card stock with silver and green ink, respectively, and added the red rhinestone to shine it up. I adhered it with some foam tape.
I think this needs a brighter background, (maybe inked on top of the dry embossing?) and a MUCH brighter ink for the martini. And more bling, somewhere...Otherwise, not too bad.
This one is particularly good for conserving materials, since the expensive stuff is being used only in those tiny strips. I think it's worth a second look, for sure.
Then, I made these--
The photos don't do justice to the papers, I'm afraid. This is done on a dove grey card body, and the sentiment is stamped on it with silver ink and is embossed with clear embossing powder.
The trees are cut by hand from pink shimmer paper, and run thru the Cuttle bug with Sizzix embossing folders.
I adhered the "verbage" paper to the card body, adhered the plaid with foam tape, and then applied the trees behind and on top of the plaid. The tree on top is mounted with foam squares, which are twice the depth of the tape, to cover the difference in distance. You could do it by doubling the thickness of the foam tape.
The snowflake is done from cream glitter paper, and adhered with a glue dot. The pearls finish it off.
I did two versions, just slightly different, as you can see.
In all honestly, while I like this, I think I need to add some ribbon somewhere; maybe on the plaid?
I have to ponder on this one. Plus I really am not sure what will happen in a different paper background. I think the words give a lot of action to this card. We shall see.
CLEARLY, I have a good bit of work ahead of me.
Anyway, that's me, so far....
Papers--the Paper Company, American Crafts Patterned Papers, DCWV, GinaKDesigns
Ink-Studio G, Stampin' Up
Ribbon- The Paper Source
Tools-Sizzix embossing folder, Scor-pal, EK success punch, Tombo mono-dots, Scotch foam tape.
Pink Trees card-
Same as above, with the addition of pearls from AC Moore, and Martha Stewart snowflake punch.
I have to make a decision on these babies soon, because I really don't want to run out of time. November starts next week, already!!!
This is now your time to ofer me some feedback on these, or to tell me to chuck it all and go in a different direction completely. Seriously, I do well with (constructive) criticism.
Hey, thanks stopping by and checking out my stuff!