The musings and offerings of a burgeoning greetings master

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Mr Cardmaker is (clearly) in a Punchy Mood

So, after showing you the card made with my new EK Tools punch HERE, I felt a kinship with the punch, and had to go further.  I felt the big loopy shapes really lent itself to a super feminine card, and I had to explore the possibilities.

I made this--

This is on SU cardstock, and the DP is My Mind's Eye.  The white card stock is PTI.  The sentiment stamp is also SU, and the die is Spellbinders Labels Four.
I hand inked the sentiment stamp (yes, it's one stamp) with Tombo and Crayola markers.  Who'da thunk my old OLD Crayola markers could be useful?  Love them!
The hearts are punched with a heart punch from the dollar bin. and I got them to line up by just sliding the punch down the strip as I went.  No guesswork! 
I used the circles that fell from the scallop punch to back them.  Much easier than trying to line up punched hearts, and no waste!  Love that.

Speaking of the circles that fell from the scallop punch, I used more of them on the inside--

Whoa, bit of a blur.  Sorry about that.
I stamped the sentiment (SU) first, then did the tiny circles. I found it really easy to place the stamped circles on top of what was already there.
As you can see, I am putting more effort into the insides of the card lately.  I am gonna get the biggest bang for my extra twenty cents postage that I can!

So That's my card.  Hope it gives you some ideas of your own.

Thanks for stopping by!
All Best--
Richard

3 comments:

  1. This project certainly packs a "punch" HA! Great papers and the variety of punches give this a project lots of interest! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely shabby chic and spot on! The most divine layout and the papers are scrumptious! Kudos to you for decorating the inside as well...looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card - I love that punch and how you're putting it to work!!
    Stamping on the circles on the inside was sheer genius!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time!