The musings and offerings of a burgeoning greetings master

Monday, July 22, 2013

Mr Cardmaker Digs Through His Archives

I found this photo of my Mom's Mother's Day card, and I realized that I hadn't shared it with you here at the blog.  I am having a heat-induced loss of mojo, (that, and the fact that I turn 50 in two weeks), I am taking the opportunity to share some older things.

I made Mom this--

I very much dig this giant butterfly stamp from Stampin' Up, and I paired it with several stamps from other companies.  The styles are often really different when I do that, but I think if you keep it to a handful of styles (yet more than just two), you can have success  doing it.

The flowers are from a SU/Sizzix  die, and the leaves are a single Sizzix die. I colored some of the leaves with a "direct to paper" inking technique, and edged the flowers with a dauber.  I left the petals super flat, but I popped up each layer with foam adhesive.  Something different from the usual curling that is done on petals and leaves.

I actually remembered to do something to the envelope this time, too!  More good stuff, all the time!

Overall, I was happy the way it looked kind of deep and cool.  I think layering stamps is becoming a go-to move for me!

I am WAITING for my house numbers to come from Etsy, STILL.  It hasn't been any longer than what they told me; I am just impatient.  I want to take photos and show off a bit!!  Soon, I am sure...

Thanks for stopping by!
All Best-
Richard

8 comments:

  1. Oooooo Richard, this is very pretty! I love the calm greens and you are correct - that giant butterfly stamp is awesome! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - that ginormous butterfly is such a gem! So pretty, and easily paired with other stamps and embellies. Can't wait to see your photos - hope those house numbers get there for you soon. Have a good day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I've been layering stamps more often too - it really can be interesting. Can't wait to see the house pix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I've been eyeballing that butterfly stamp.
    That's it, pretty sure I don't 'need' it!
    Can't wait for the house pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! I love the layering and the butterfly is beautiful. I'm looking forward to see your house numbers. Have a great birthday - you're getting to an age where life really begins. Have a great day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOH, I love that big butterfly stamp! Your card is beautiful! Can't wait to see your house pics. We just had all new windows put into ours this past week, lived through a week of reno, but it was so worth it!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely beautiful! What a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. George Burns once said, "young, old...just words." Turning 50 wasn't as bad for me as turning 30...LOL Happy early birthday, and welcome to the "over 50" club. =)

    This is a wonderful mother's day card, and I love the life-size butterfly and the 3d flowers are a perfect compliment to this great card.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time!