The musings and offerings of a burgeoning greetings master

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Mr Cardmaker is Glad to See You

Well, it seems I am not dead after all.  I have actually been slightly creative, at moments. I have NOT had the motivation to drag my butt to the light box to photograph anything, though, and so here I sit with little to show for myself.

However!

I do have a card to share with you today, using a cute little die that I bought at Archivers' going out of business sale. They're these cute little glasses, and I don't even know who makes this die....Oh wait, here it is. Taylored Expressions, they're called Spectacles (imagine that). I don't know this company, but the dies are super cute. 

Anyway, I made this--

I used some WICKED old paper I had, which I believe is from My Mind's Eye. I cut the flower shapes with a Sizzix flower die, and the sentiment is from Wplus9 I think. (I really should keep notes....) I centered my die on the flowers in the paper to show them off, and I think that worked pretty well here.

The inside is kinda fun, too--

Same papers and stamp set, but here I die cut some clouds with my Amuse Studio Cloud Duo dies.  Clouds just make me happy.

So, that's my card. More to come!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
All Best-
Richard

11 comments:

  1. Richard two fantastic cards! Love the glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really glad to hear you are NOT dead!
    Love the card, and the inside too, you are just outdoing yourself!
    I also read back, cause I missed the tin post (where on earth have I been)!?
    They're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool card! I love the spectacles and that you die cut the clouds and let the darker background show. That looks really nifty!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heeeeyyyyy!!!! So glad to see you all creative-y again!!! And this is cuuuute! I love those glasses....and the paper is perfectly summery! I admit....I have so so so soooo much dp but keep buying more....just can never have enough! LOL The inside is so cool with the negative die cut clouds! Love that!! Great to have you gettin' your crafty on and sharing my friend!!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, just when I thought I was going to die from withdrawals! I don't use this word often but - fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exactly the fix I needed! These fit the season just perfectly. The shapes, the colors, the design, all just sensational!! So glad to see your post. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man - was there an Archivers in town??? Probably a darn good thing I did not know that!
    LOVE this card - I'm getting visions of Lucille Ball. Those spectacles look spiffy cut from those PPs. All the PPs are just so much fun. Happy crafting Mr.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the fabulous glasses, and your fun papers are perfect for them!! Don't you just love a fantastic bargain?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Richard! You used to visit me in my chat room (which I do not do any longer) and I just stumbled across you again and LOVE this card. I may have to try and CASE it! So good to know oyu are stillcrreating. Enjoy your day! ~Donna from ButternutSageDesigns!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, your card screams summer! Love those patterned paper spectacles!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time!