The musings and offerings of a burgeoning greetings master

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Mr Cardmaker is on the Road to Hell

Because of good intentions, don't you know...

Well, I made these really fun Easter cards about two weeks before Easter. We then went on vacation the weekend BEFORE Easter, and in the hustle and bustle to get out the door, I completely forgot about the cards. Wop, wop...

Anyway, they were cute!
I made these--

Yes, it's me and those Crazy Birds AGAIN! I am STILL smitten with these dang things.



So, I started with some yellow ink and card bases, and made lots of backgrounds. I did this by hand, stamping each bird one at a time, but I bet I could've rocked them all out in half the time on my MISTI tool. Next time...
Then, I stamped the fat chick bird several times, and used my ink blending tool to color their heads and bodies, being careful to avoid their eyes. I still like to do the red rimmed, Glossy Accents look on the eyes...
A little detailed coloring on the beaks finishes them off.
I also stamped the bird onto the green background piece inside the shaker, so I wouldn't have to deal with cutting out the tail and little flippy feather on his head.

I cut lots and lots of oval frames from paper and fun foam, which I staked up to create my shaker frames. I did an oval to represent an EGG, because Easter, and birds, and whatever. Get it?
I added lots of flower sequins for a bright color pop, and tucked a big yellow banner under the whole schmear.

The little white flowers were an afterthought, when I just couldn't bring myself to add even ONE more sequin. Dots of Glossy Accents make the centers.

So, yeah. SIX of these bad boys. And yes, they DO say Happy Easter inside, so they won't be used for anything else.  Good thing we have this Easter thing every year. Now all I have to do is remember them when the time comes...

Thanks so much for stopping by!
All Best--
Richard


4 comments:

  1. Brilliant idea to cut out the bird and stamp the tail and kiss curl onto the green background. These little obsessions make for an amazing outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwww - at least make it the highway to hell so it's more fun : ) You and your crazy birds - did you get the cats yet? These are amazing and look like they took so long and so much patience - what a shame you didn't send them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's so smart to use the stamp for the background and for the focal point of the card. Shakers always hypnotize me - make me feel like a kid.. just ignore me while I shake shake shake.. Your coloring is amazing and the mix of patterns in the papers caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time!