The musings and offerings of a burgeoning greetings master

Friday, May 3, 2019

Mr Cardmaker digs the 2019 Coffee Lover's Blog Hop

Well, today I am playing along with the Spring/Summer Coffee Lover's Blog Hop!


I haven't joined in a while, so I'm happy to play along this time!
I'm sharing a card I made after watching Julie Ebersole do a bokeh dots card, which got me bokeh-ing all the things for a day or so.

I made this--


This was so much fun to make. I stamped, die cut and colored a bunch of cups from Lawn Fawn's Love you a Latte set. I stamped them both on white card stock and kraft card stock, and I fussy cut the sleeves and glued them to each cup.

To do the bokeh dots, I dragged out circle stamps from about six different stamp sets in my stash. Now none of these circles are meant to stamp solid circles, like you see them here. They all have some sort of motif on them. 

How'd I get the solid circle image?
I turned the stamps OVER, and inked up the BACK of the stamp! 
Clever, right?
I stamped dots in all sorts of  coffee hued brown inks, then went back in with white pigment ink to soften things up.

After stamping and white heat-embossing my sentiment, I added a frame die cut, and then added my coffee cups. 
To finish things up, I added some wood veneer stars, and coated them with some clear shimmer pen.

This was so fun to make, and I'm so glad to share it with coffee lovers!


I hope you have a great time seeing all the fab entries in the hop!

Thanks so much for stopping by! 
All Best--
Richard

#lawnfawn
#averyelle




15 comments:

  1. I've seen this done before with the reverse of the circle stamps, but
    haven't tried it. You nailed it! Love the bokeh look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this is fabulous, Richard. I love all those coffee cups. You can NEVER have enough, you know! Well, not in my book anyway. Thanks for sharing this awesome and creative card in this special event. I look forward to seeing more of your art - you're very creative.

    I also run a challenge blog and would love to have you play along when you can. It's always Anything Goes/Family Friendly and we have awesome prizes all the time. You can find us here:
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com - I hope you will join the fun there as well.

    Have a blessed week,
    Karen L

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooohhh...I love it Richard! Check out all those to go cups! Love the background too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH Those Cups!!! I love them all over your card! fabulous card, Richard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEautiful background to show off those wonderful cups.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. I like all of the cups.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one funky card! Great use of color.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of coffee...looks like a coffee party on your card!
    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun coffee card! Coffee for days.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time!