The musings and offerings of a burgeoning greetings master

Thursday, November 19, 2020

Mr Cardmaker is Waffle(Flower)-y About the 25 Days of Christmas Tags 2020

 It's almost time to be all jolly-like, y'all! I'm particularly jolly today, not because I put up my tree (not yet!), but because I'm taking part in Tracey McNeely's 25 Days of Christmas Tags this year! 

It's my first year playing along, despite my otherwise best intentions in previous years. I was asked to be a guest designer for Waffle Flower's day, today, November 19! 

I made these--







I made these tags with Waffle Flower's Poinsettia stamp set. This is a layering set, and I decided to try layering embossing powders, rather than inks to create my tags. This is a gorgeous stamp set; last year I did a dozen or so cards using it in every color combination I could think of, with amazing results.






I used Hero Arts Soft Vanilla Shadow Ink to ink blend a soft background for both tags. Once that was dry, I used gold, silver and white embossing powders to create both my flowers and the sentiment.





I did the sentiment in gold on the long tag, and in silver on the circle tag, just to switch things up a bit. I also added a second tag behind the circle tag made from a soft gray cardstock in my stash, and used Simon Says Stamp Fog ink to stamp Merry Christmas on it. This gives me a place to write a message.







I added some white Nuvo drops and some clear gems to finish things off, as well as some pretty white and gold ribbon from GinaK Designs.




Be sure to go over to the 25 Days of Christmas Tags and check out all the other designers, and to join in on the fun. There's PRIZES, y'all!
Special thanks to Tracey McNeely for the lovely invitation to guest this year! 

Happy Holidays, and Happy Crafting!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

All Best--
Richard











16 comments:

  1. These are so elegant and lovely. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Love Love these!!! simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better late than never. These were worth waiting for. Great elegant tags. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tags! Love the gold and silver mix... so elegant. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tags are so elegant! I love the colors and the beautiful white bows!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with your amazing tags, Richard. Looks like you're living the life in Florida; but I'm so grateful that you have time to make such gorgeous tags (and art) to share. What a beauty! Thanks for sharing and inspiring us in the 25 Days of Christmas Tags.
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous tags with these pretty poinsettia designs! I love your color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how you put a soft background blend and how you layered the embossing powder instead of using ink on these georgous tags

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tags! I love that vanilla background and the embossed poinsettias are great! Enjoy the sunshine in Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty combination of colours. Beautiful tags.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning tags, absolutely beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The tags are elegant.
    Love the use of the silver
    and the gold. thanks for
    sharing.
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the look to this color mix. Very lovely. Great share.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time!