The musings and offerings of a burgeoning greetings master

Monday, May 5, 2014

And Now for Something Totally Christmas

Well, I'm finally back in the blogosphere, here today to share some altered tins.  I am enjoying doing more 3D work, and I hope to get into doing some more.

This is the first one--

This is an emptied Tazo Tea tin from Starbucks.  I covered it with some Christmas Papers by Heidi Swapp that I picked up at Michael's after the holidays. 

I love the large scale chalkboard label, and I was given the idea to do the little banner by the strip of paper that was there to help seal the tin. 

Another view--

I really love the graphics of these papers.  I could do this stuff all day long!

The second one--


Same paper pad, same idea.  This was a tin that held cookies from Williams-Sonoma, so I had the little stripes at the top and bottom to help me along already.  I used a Papertrey Ink die cut border on this one (the lacy black piece), and mirrored the top tab idea from the tea tin. 

Another view of that one--

Great papers, right?  Love them!

I am now on the lookout for some great cheap (read free) tins.  This stuff is FUN!


Well, that's all I've got for now!

Thanks for stopping by!
All Best-
Richard

8 comments:

  1. Delicious! Try yard sales - some of us can't stop saving tins and then finally have to get rid of them : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are pretty special! Love them both, and if I come across any empty tins, you'll be the first to know! Great project - thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy! You've started something now.. I mean to tell you, tins are an addictive monster! You are so right about those paper though. They scream holidays. How on earth will you contain your excitement for giving these gifts for another 7 months?? Oh cripes...that more than enough time to crank out 30 or 40 more....
    I guess what I'm trying to say is...LOVE THESE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great and I love the fact that you took it 3D!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been a month since you've posted. You okay over there? Just checking in. Hope all is well and you're busily having a wonderful married life and crafting.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time!