The musings and offerings of a burgeoning greetings master

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Mr Cardmaker is Throwing Down

Well, the very first challenge I ever entered was a color challenge, and by virtue of a random pick, I WON. You can read about it HERE. Since that was AGES ago,I figured it was about time to try another one!

I am entering the Color Throwdown Challenge #307
I am also doing the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, where Anything Goes. 

For the color challenge, we were to use the Stampin Up colors, Crushed Curry, Old Olive, and Pacific Point. 
Yeah. Old Olive I have, but not the others....
Not to worry!  Get as close as you can, they said. Yay!

So, employing the closest I had, I made this--


Well, my yellow looks really green here, but I DID start with some Daffodil Delight and Tempting Turquoise cardstocks, and I tried to drag them toward the prescribed colors with my inks. Distress Inks Mustard Seed, and Salty Ocean really helped out here.
 
I have all kinds of die cuts going on here, as well as a Spellbinders embossing folder, and there are so many, I'll forgo naming them.  I do think my favorite part is the bright blue wood grained piece.  Reminds me of the TARDIS (yes, I'm a Doctor Who geek).
 
There's LOTS of tiny flecks of foam adhesive in here.
This shot can show you some of the dimension-
 
 
And then, I managed a non-blurry interior shot for a change--Mind you, I was holding it in one hand and shooting the photo with the other--
 
 
Well, THERE'S the yellow wheat.  Told ya.
 
This one took a good while, between composition, tiny flecks of foam, and even tinier dots of mono-multi adhesive, AND the sunflower that just never found the right spot. I am pretty happy with it, though, and it will definitely work for one of the fall birthdays coming up for me.
 
 



 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
All Best-
Richard


14 comments:

  1. I have that die - yet to be used - love how you've used it here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! The colors are just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Tardis effect you clever boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Oh totally love those wheats! And how cute that yellow one tucked inside!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! I love how you used the colors! And I love all the wonderful texture and patterns, especially the addition of the text piece! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All these details and all this texture is making me swoon! And the the little bit of newsprint patterned paper peeking out is a perfect addition. I LOVE this colorful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow... your card is gorgeous!! love that you finished the inside of the card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card. It just reached out and grabbed me. When you wrote that the items used were to our numerous to mention, I was thinking "mention, go ahead and mention them!" There is so much depth and I'd love to know what spellbinding embossing folder you used, as well as the wood grain. Your colors are beautiful. I really like everything about your gorgeous card

    ReplyDelete
  9. and there goes your mind....taking me on another happy trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the bold colors and layers this is a fabulous card!! Thank you for playing a long with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card Richard. Love the wheet pieces. The colors look awesome. I also like the dry embossed background. So glad you played along with us at The Color Throwdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore this! Those wheat die cuts are fabulous! And your colors are perfect!! Thanks so much for playing along with the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow had to stop by and tell you I think this card is AMAZING!!! Yes had to shout that one out :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the depth on this card. I have a LOT of embossing folders; but I tend to think I shouldn't "cover" them up when I use them on a card. I like how you did that here; it makes the card look very rich. I am going to have to experiment.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time!