The musings and offerings of a burgeoning greetings master

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Mr. Cardmaker Gets All Touchy Feely

I have a quick post today, with a card I JUST made for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, which is all about using texture on a card.
I won't bore you with my first go around, which involved WAY too much Funky Flock to far too little an effect. I'll let you poke into my trash bin if you really want to see that mess that I tried TWICE.

Anyway, in a totally new vein, I made this--

 So, as you can see, I went with the dry emboss technique to help get my texture. I really like the juxtaposition of the super smooth vellum texture with the rougher wood grain. Then, I went with the juxtaposition of the orderly Swiss dot with the softly rounded corners against the torn edges. I kinda dig the whole yin & yang of this idea.

Front view-
The giant font really packs a wallop on its own, but a few well placed sequins never hurt, in my book!
Speaking of the font, the fact that it is SO big really helped when it came to adding the adhesive behind the letters. Otherwise, I could've had a huge mess showing through the vellum.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Join the challenge!
All Best-
Richard



8 comments:

  1. I have always loved a "freshly-created" card! Your use of paper is superb! Love the woodgrain, vellum, embossing and dry embossing! I really like the way you layered the paper, too! Very rustic and original. Way to rock Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Touchy Feely” Challenge, Richard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Love the combination of textures and that big sentiment! Awesome card!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Richard - so sorry I'm MIA again - off in another world working on another project. So happy to see your name appear in my comments. I'm glad you are doing well and creating! I love all the layers and contrast on this - even the sequins are perfectly placed and draw your eye around the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo I like! I also rarely use texture but I need to do that...this is just awesome Richard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow - that's jsut wonderful! I might have to do something similar one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Richard! It's so elegant and I love the textures.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time!