The musings and offerings of a burgeoning greetings master

Friday, July 10, 2020

Mr Cardmaker Likes a FANCY Coffee Card

I'm back with my second week of guest designing for Coffeeloving Card Makers! So happy to be back, and I have another card to share with you

Don’t you love a hot, steamy cup of coffee? Of course you do! Simple perfection, right? But, sometimes, isn’t something fancier a nice treat? Something with foam, or some kind of flavor, or even CHOCOLATE??? Oh, yeahhhhhh…

Well, I thought this week's card would live in that world, and I went for some luscious flowers from The Greetery. The Print Shop: Fresh Florals set comes with both stamps AND stencils, and the effect you can create with these things is just stunning.

I made this—





I reached for my Distresss Oxide inks and Unicorn white pigment ink to work on this kraft cardstock, in order to keep as much vibrancy and true color as possible. Distress Oxide inks are both dye AND pigment ink hybrids, so you can definitely get the opaque qualities of pigment ink with the vibrancy of dye inks. For instance, I created the pink petals by stamping white ink on top of the red oxide ink. On a light cardstock with dye inks, the petals in the back would be lighter, with a darker shade stamped on top of it.



My sentiments, both stamped and die cut, are from Honeybee Stamps. I cut the black letters from cardstock that was heated with clear embossing powder before cutting. I felt that trying to wrangle teensy letters like that was just not going to be as successful. I think this way worked out just fine!

The coffee cup die is from the sadly closed Li’l Inker Designs. Coffee cup dies are more than plentiful, though, so finding something to work for you should be easy.

A sprinkling of some clear sequins finishes me off!


I think someone should make coffee cups in this floral pattern. I’m thinking it’d get me into the coffee shop a little more often. Not that I need an excuse, mind you…

Thanks so much for stopping by. See you next week!

All Best—

Richard

 


2 comments:

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time!