The musings and offerings of a burgeoning greetings master

Friday, July 3, 2020

Mr Cardmaker Loves Guesting (Almost) as Much as He Loves Coffee!

I'm so happy to be guesting this month for Coffee Loving Cardmakers! I was so thrilled to be asked, I sat down and did all month's worth of cards in just a few days! I'm caffeined up, and ready to fly! Thanks so much for stopping in to have a look.

For my first week, I'm sharing this card--





I only had about ten coffee stamps and die sets, so of COURSE, I had to order more in order to do this guest spot! I went to Taylored Expressions and bought the Koffee Time Stamp and Die combo. This set has great sentiments and a die set that builds a KEURIG machine! (well, it's a one-cup brewer, but I kinda say Keurig in the way I say Kleenex, or Band-aid...)
I don't know about you, but my Keurig is a lifeline at about three o'clock every day.  And, sometimes 4. And, sometimes at 11am...Whenever the pot runs out. You know what I'm saying...




Many dies involved! I have to admit, I found it just a touch tricky for me, especially since I had to go search the web to get some instructions, but I persevered and finally got where I needed to be. I guess I'm just a bit slow on the uptake. I have it down, now...



I just think this thing is too stinking cute. This machine. Cute. A machine is cute. Yeah, I said it...

When it came time to design the card, I decided that my Keurig would be one of the things that had to come with me to a desert island, and so the idea of a tropical setting came to mind. I mean, besides the chocolate, and a couple of dozen other earthly delights, you gotta have the coffee. And electricity, I guess...

 



I pulled out some juicy colors and some tropical stamps and dies from Stampin' Up, and got busy.
I liked the sentiment here, because I figured any Monday on a tropical island was BOUND to be short, right?

I also had to hunt through my stash to find a tiny puff of steam to add to my ombre coffee mug. I mean, that stuff comes out HOT, right??

So, thanks so much to Coffee Lovers Cardmakers for having me come onboard this month. I have lots more to share, so come back next Friday!  

Thanks so much for stopping by!

All Best--
Richard



7 comments:

  1. Super cute! I had to Take a pic of my Keurig in order to put mine together. Thanks for inspiring me to pull it out and use it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and I love the coffee machine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so bright & fun. Mondays wouldn't be so bad if the atmosphere was this cheerful!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time!