The musings and offerings of a burgeoning greetings master

Monday, April 7, 2014

And Now for Something(s) Totally Different

Well, as the birthday madness keeps charging through, I have a couple more cards to share.

Nephew James is 22 this year, I think.  He's at U of F, and is going to go on to become a dentist, so there's much more school ahead for him. 
His cousin Sophia is 11, and is the only girl in this generation on my mom's side.  She is quite the little lady.

I made this for James--

Super simple and classic.  EVERYONE knows this stamp if they have even heard the words "Stampin' Up", so this is nothing new.  I am loving the Papertrey Ink sentiment from the Think Big Favorites line.  I ESPECIALLY love it in the gold embossing powder on the navy blue.  Classic.

For Sophia, I went in a very different direction--


This was done with papers from My Mind's Eye, the Quite Contrary collection.  I mixed some of the scrapbooking scaled papers with some of the smaller scaled 6x6 pad papers, added some stickers from this line, and used a sentiment from SU.  That little owl peeking out is so cute.  I have been hoarding those stickers forever.  I like the little hot pink pops of color, too.

So, that's it for the kids of April.  Today is my Charlie's birthday.  As soon as I get the pics lined up, I'll share his card, and I'll share the card set and birthday card I made for his mom, too.

Thanks for stopping by!
All Best-
Richard



3 comments:

  1. Hi Rich, excellent cards!! Happy Birthday to Charlie - I'm sure you are celebrating big time! I agree, the pop of pink really adds and the little owl is a great touch! I love also how the gold embossed sentiment looks on the dark blue - very, very classy! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Charlie!
    Cards are great!
    Both are stunning, and perfect for the recipients!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa, love how different the two cards are...and that both are fabulous! Love the classic elegance of the trees and gold embossing and of course, who wouldn't love that peek a boo owl?!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time!