The musings and offerings of a burgeoning greetings master

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Mr Cardmaker Wants to MOVE It, MOVE It...

The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week is called, "Transport It", and, as you'd guess (because you're smart that way) the idea is to link up projects using forms of transportation.

Well, I happen to have a card that fits that bill!

I made this--


I have always wanted to do one of those balloon rides where you bring a picnic and champagne along. People tell me it is often REALLY loud when they fire up the fuel, but I can only imagine how gorgeous it must look from up there. I'm thinking this will be a good thing to do on the NEXT trip to Paris (whenever that may be. I'd go TOMORROW, mind you).

This card is the anniversary card I made for Charlie, celebrating our 23 years together.  We do ONLY cards, and then go to a lovely dinner.  Boy, I gotta tell ya, time DOES go by REALLY quickly when you're having fun!

Another view--


I found the "love" die as part of a set of three by Little Yellow Bicycle.  The others say "laugh" and "smile." Nice, chunky font, and they cut beautifully.  I DO love my word dies!

I also did the envelope--

The stamps are Papertrey Ink, as are the numbers dies that I used to make stencils.



*I REALLY wish I had handwriting that worth a hoot.

PS--My coffee card from earlier this week WON a prize!  How cool is that?!

Thanks for stopping by!
All Best--
Richard

8 comments:

  1. Richard, I love your hot air balloon card for Charlie! It's so romantic and sweet! FABULOUS design. I really like the text background and composition. I bet Charlie is going to love it! Congrats on your win over the coffee blog hop! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Transport It” Challenge! PS: I am too chicken to go on hot air balloon. Perhaps I would make an exception for Paris...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, Richard! I love it! And did you write his name? Because, seriously....you have awesome handwriting. That could be an alphabet stamp set! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card! I love it! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlie is going to love his card, Richard! 23 years is a long time. Congrats to you both! Great card...the balloons are delightful (DH and I went up in one...it was amazing!). Thanks for sharing, and hooray for a winning coffee card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, that's sweet! Happy Anniversary you two :) I'm not sure how romantic vomiting from a floating bucket would be (for me) but it appears to be incredibly romantic for most. I'm just a wuss. However, what you've created here is truly special and oozes with love and devotion.
    Hugs to you both,
    Lisa aka land lover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary to you both! I la-la-love your fun balloon card! I hope all is well in your world, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, and the envelope. How did you do the clouds? They're fascinating! And happy happy anniversary - twenty three years, how wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet card Richard! The envelope is great too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time!